Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday 8-5
December 1 to April 30: Wednesday & Saturday 8-5
Trash truck hours are Monday – Saturday 8-5 and holidays 8 – 1 p.m.
The city garbage truck will take household garbage items only. Pick-up is Wednesday morning. All garbage must be bagged and out by 8 a.m.
Tree limbs, grass clippings, garden waste and leaves may be disposed of at the burn pile east of town.
The following items must be taken to the KBR Solid Waste Transfer Station in Ainsworth. Phone: (402) 382-3008
KBR Solid Waste is a transfer station that is an interlocal agreement between the City of Ainsworth, City of Long Pine, Village of Johnstown, and Brown County. They have their own board which is comprised of a representative from each entity.
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tipping fees apply for furniture (couches, mattresses, etc.) and small appliances.
- Brown County Residents – $100/ton
- Non-Brown County – $125/ton
|Per 1000 Gallons||$1.25|
|Water Service Deposit||$100.00|
|Outside City Limits||$36.00|
Utilities Disconnect Policy
Utility meters are read on or about the 15th of the month depending on whether the 15th falls on a business day. It usually takes one day to read meters. The bills are sent out around the 22nd of each month. They are due by the 10th of the following month. Bills are delinquent on the 11th of each month.
Disconnect notices are mailed out on the delinquent day.
- Payment in full shall be made prior to disconnection on or before disconnect date, no later than 10 a.m. on disconnect date. The customer will then need to pay the total amount that is owed plus the $50 reconnection fee during business hours or $80 for after business hours to be turned back on.
- If no payment is made on or before 10 a.m. on the disconnect date then the Utility Superintendent will go through the list of customers that have not paid their utility bill and prepare work orders for disconnection with the amount past due. The Utility Superintendent then goes to the residence and disconnects.
- During the course of the disconnection process, if the city employee goes to the address to make a disconnection and the customer wants to pay their past due amount to avoid a disconnection, a $25 pickup fee is charged and needs to be paid at that time also.
For more information regarding utility services, call (402) 273-4120.